is a Game-Oriented DCC Tool plug-in for Cinema 4D, R10.1 or later, that Imports / Exports static or C4D Joint-rigged and skeletally animated mesh props / figures in multiple game-oriented file formats, including Ogre3D
(.mesh and .skeleton), The .smd format
files used by VALVe:Source Engine games
(both mesh reference and skeletal animation), as well as MilkShape3D
binary .ms3d files.
The plug-in reads and writes the text-based .xml versions of the Ogre3D files, but has the option of automatically converting exported files to binary form using an external converter program (the OgreXMLConverter.exe
utility that comes with the Ogre3D distribution). For Importing, you must manually convert any binary files to .xml format first (a separate menu option to convert files back and forth is included).
The plug-in also provides new Tags to help organize and define a 'figure' (a joint-rigged and potentially animated character) and to help with splitting up the Cinema 4D time-line into multiple, named animation 'clips' (for the formats that support that). All of the Import modules generate and fill in these new Tags and set up a commonly used structure within the Cinema 4D Object Manager and all of the Export modules parse this same layout and Tags to determine exactly what the user wants exported (and how).
Until now, game asset developers have not had a 'native' path in/out of Cinema 4D and were forced to use some less-specific format for conversion in some other application. I/Ogre helps fill that gap and optimizes your production pipe-line when working with the supported formats, allowing you to Import / Export these formats directly to/from Cinema 4D, as well as easily convert assets from one format to the other (Owners of MilkShape3D
also have access to dozens of additional (and mostly game-oriented) formats!).
A 30-day Free Trial
version of the plugin is available in the downloads
section (just enter DEMO
as a license / registration key).
Below is a partial list of plug-in features...
- Imports/Exports Ogre3D .mesh.xml files
- Imports/Exports Ogre3D .skeleton.xml files
- Can convert both to binary format on Export (using external converter program)
- Imports/Exports VALVe:Source Engine .smd files (both reference and skeletal animation files)
- Imports/Exports MilkShape3D binary .ms3d files (including skeletal animations)
- Imports/Exports rigged/weighted figures with skeletal animations
- Provides Cinema 4D mechanisms to define/preserve Figure and Animation Clip information
- Has several options for re-orienting the mesh/skeleton axis for use in Ogre3D/MilkShape/Source Engine
- Auto-sets 32bit indexing and other flags as needed
- Auto-triangulates meshes (game-oriented formats require trianlges)
- Auto-splits C4D meshes into submeshes as needed
- Several additional options for mesh content/format (UVs, Normals, Vertex Buffers, etc.)
- Mesh and Skeleton scaling
- Designed to work with Cinema 4D Joint-rigged figures
- Animation Baking and Key Reduction options on Export (to support IK and other complex animation methods)
- Unlimited User Presets (for both Import and Export, for each file format)
Please make sure that you include the following information with your order in the space provided on the PayPal checkout page:
...to get the full story, you can view the online user documentation
, which is also included with the plugin (and accessable through a menu).
As mentioned above, this plugin is is available from the downloads
section. Both Mac (32-bit, Universal Binary) and PC (both 32-bit and 64-bit) plugins are included in the archive.
After installation, you will be prompted for a license / registration key. To activate the 30-day Free Trial period, just enter DEMO
as a license / registration key.
Once the 30-day Free Trial period expires, you'll need to purchase a license key to continue using the plugin...NOTE: Due to the nature of the plugin License Key (which can not be canceled, once issued), there is a NO REFUND policy - once I have e-mailed you the License Key, I can not refund your purchase (refunds can only be given before the license has been e-mailed). It is the customer's responsibility to use the 30-day free trial period to evaluate the software prior to purchasing a license.
License Server / Multi-user Licenses
If you are using MAXON's License Server or otherwise wish to purchase licenses for multiple users, please use the site Contact Form
to send me an e-mail describing your setup, to receive additional informaion and/or a quote.
A regular, single-user, stand-alone license (when NOT connected to a License Server) can be purchased using one of the following methods:
Secure Payment can be made through PayPal by clicking on the button below.
You don't need an account with them if you have a valid credit card.
$40.00 USD Price Reduced! Now only: $25.00 USD
Alternatively, you can send your order via Amazon Payments
$40.00 USD Price Reduced! Now only: $25.00 USD
- Your full name.
- A working e-mail address.
- If you have a membership on this site, please include your site username (login name, but no password) with your order.
- Your Cinema 4D version
- Your 11-digit Cinema 4D serial code (from the line marked 'CINEMA 4D' on the registration dialog)
...once I have your order and information, I will send you a license / registration key to activate the plugin permanently.
If you have any questions, please use the site Contact Form