By PropShop Admin
on Wednesday 20 June 2012 - 11:40:35
The Riptide Pro plugin has been updated to v2.5 and is now available in the downloads
Riptide Pro is the premier Wavefront .obj (as well as .mdd file) Import/Export plugin for Cinema 4D with many advanced options and user-defined Presets. See the Riptide Pro Product Page
Additional Cinema 4D Release/compatibility changes, Optimizations, bug fixes, etc... [NOTE: There were a few internal (unpublished) versions between v2.2 and v2.5 but all the relevent changes are listed below]
- New Feature: "MDD Deformer" added as an alternate .mdd file Import option. The previous .mdd Import option baked the .mdd file deformation data into Point-Level-Animation (PLA) keys on the effected mesh. That option is still available, but the new deformer offers a bit more control and only loads the 'current' animation frame info - on an as-needed basis (potentially slower if you have slow drives, but can save a ton of memory being used at any particular time).
- New Feature: Added (a special) option to merge "color-only" materials when Importing. Most people will likely never need to use this set of options ("Special" sub-tab on the "Materials" tab)... there was a certain process that was generating tens or even hundreds of thousands of "Color Only" materials - basically using materials as a stand-in for a single bitmap texture file. This is a highly unusual situation, but my plugin (and Cinema 4D itself) were never designed to work with so many materials. What these new options allow you to do is to 'merge' similar colors, thus reducing the total number of materials being loaded in the scene.
- The Name and Path of the existing Document are no longer altered when Importing into the current Document - they are only altered when the "New Document" option is enabled on Import.
- re-engineered several areas of the code to be up to several orders of magnitude faster when Importing or Exporting large (or extreme) numbers of materials and/or groups.
- Optimized UV-compression code once again - there's really no good reason to not use the "Compress" option when Exporting now.
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed all string naming (materials, groups, etc.) to allow for full 8-bit characters.
- Fixed Export module to apply the current (global) rotation matrix to exported Normals [hard to believe this bug existed so long before I heard about it...].
- Fixed a rare (?) Export crash-bug.
- Fixed bug where... you can now (once again) directly load a .mtl file (ie. instead of a .obj file).
- Fixed potential crash bug if Texture Tag is missing Material.
- Fixed confirmed crash bug if Texture Tag is missing Material (separate from above).
- Fixed potential crash bug if Selection Tag has out-of-range values.
- Fixed bug with UVs and Norms on triangles if not compressing.
- Finally fixed UV-Baking to correctly handle offset/scaling from Texture Tag.
...this is (as usual) a free update for all licensed users and a 30-day free trial is available for everyone else (just enter DEMO as a license key).