By PropShop Admin
on Monday 26 September 2016 - 16:55:06
The Riptide Pro plugin has been updated to v2.6 and is now available in the downloads
Riptide Pro is the premier Wavefront .obj (as well as .mdd file) Import/Export plugin for Cinema 4D with many advanced options and user-defined Presets. See the Riptide Pro Product Page
A few new features, additional optimizations and bug-fixes, etc...
- MDD (point-cache animation) file changes:
- New Feature: "MDD Group Loader" tag added. This new tag allows you to set up - or modify - MDD animation on groups of mesh objects from a central location (it operates on any direct mesh object children of the parent object (typically a Null object) that the tag is attached to). See the MDD Group Loader section for details.
- All MDD IO features now have SwapYZ, FlipX, FlipZ options.
- .mdd Import/Export point scaling is now limited to up/down by factor of 1x -> 1000x ...
- .mdd Deformer is now also limited to up/down by factor of 1x -> 1000x, but it currently uses a single floating point value (0.001 -> 1000.0). See the MDD Deformer section for details.
- Fixed .mdd Import to not 'relocate' the mesh points to the world zero location.
- Fixed a bug with exporting .mdd files, where source object 'scaling' was not accounted for correctly.
- Fixed a reported bug of the MDD Deformer sometimes corrupting the .mdd file - I never saw this issue myself, but the fix I put in place was verified to sucessfully stop/fix the problem.
- General changes:
- New Feature: New .Obj Animation Sequence Import - works like .mdd import, but with a series of .obj files
- New Feature: .obj Import (only) now supports "Smoothing Groups" - if smoothing groups are present in the file, the plugin converts them to the appropriate phong edge breaks (assuming that the "Phong Tag" option is enabled). [NOTE: The process of Exporting smoothing groups to .obj files - based on (potentially non-polygon-contiguous) phong edge breaks - is a more complex problem to solve and has not (yet) been implemented]
- Improved 'status' messages during Import - far more informative during long imports
- Now parses "bump strength" values in .mtl files (import only, currently)
- Enlarged the Import line buffer size to accommodate very large nGons (nGons with large numbers of verts).
- Added code to correctly handle incorrect Daz Studio .mtl file info (map_D vs map_d)
- Added code to correctly handle other potential case-sensitive .mtl file errors (Daz Studio is notorious for not following the specification)
- Changed Diffuse (Color) channel to always be enabled if not disabled on Import options (will use default color if none loaded).
- Added code to (currently always) export Splines as .obj file 'line' records.
- All mesh-splitting options (including not splitting) now preserve vertex-ordering (previously only the "Don't Split" and "Split by Group" options preserved vertex-ordering).
- All mesh-splitting options now cull out any unused vertices - this can also fix a problem when importing splines, where the spline points are being duplicated in the mesh (when not splitting).
- Unused vertices are added to scene as separate point-only mesh object (given that the appropriate options are set on the Mesh Splitting tab)
- Optimized .obj Import speed in general - but particularly when there are large numbers of nGons (from 2->60 times faster)
- ...also 'actually' optimized for large numbers of groups (left out in last update?)
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a bug with importing group (or material or region) names longer than 255 characters.
- Fixed a bug with exporting .obj files, where source object 'scaling' was not accounted for correctly
- Fixed a bug with exporting .mdd files, where source object 'scaling' was not accounted for correctly (as listed above in the MDD section).
- Fixed .mdd Import to not 'relocate' the mesh points to the world zero location (as listed above in the MDD section).
- Fixed a reported bug of the MDD Deformer sometimes corrupting the .mdd file - I never saw this issue myself, but the fix I put in place was verified to sucessfully stop/fix the problem (as listed above in the MDD section).
...this is (as usual) a free update for all licensed users and a 30-day free trial is available for everyone else (just enter DEMO as a license key).